Sunday, June 3, 2012

CoApp Package Maker GUI

I'm really happy to write here that I have been selected to develop a project for CoApp in the frame of GSoC. The project’s name is CoApp Package Maker GUI and it is mentored by Eric Schultz. Here follows a short description of the project:

The CoApp project has a command line tool that allows a developer to create packages. The purpose of the project is to create a desktop application that would allow software publishers to create a package in a GUI, instead at the command line. Creating package in GUI has a lot of advantages: an intuitive UI is easier to use for most of the users and don’t need long learning time; offer easy view and control for multiple items, so it's more faster ; package creation is a multi-step task that can easily be grouped together in a way that prevent wrong input. This would be a great advantage for open source developers who wish to create packages, but are a little daunted by the script-based package creation.

Feel free to visit my project proposal and github repository .

In this blog I will share the information about my progress and describe step by step my work. I look forward to any comments, suggestions and encourage everyone to give feedback.

This is going to be a fun summer of coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment