Friday, June 8, 2012

Report No.1 GSoC 2012



 I started with Creating View Models for each rule/role, using the information from http://coapp.org/developers/autopackage.html . I used factory method to create all View Models in the MainView Model. Package data is loaded using https://github.com/coapp/devtools/blob/master/Packaging/PackageSource.cs  and I  created a Reader class,
getting values by:  RoleName, PropertyName, Parameters  etc

Testing part:
- Unit test for ChangePropertyInTheRule OnPropertyEvent raised.
- Unit Testing for Command New and Remove a Rule
 All test were created for checking local collections of rules and properties, more exactly -  if my bindings and commands works fine.



UI:
I started with creating simple basic UI, without adding styles and fixed my attention on functionality.
In order to simplify the binding between rules list and  rules details(properties),  I chose the structure TabControl in TabControl.



For displaing rules with parameters, for example Files:
I chose to display them in a list, using a data template with expander and grouping them by categories:



Created commands:
Add New and  Remove(implemented) ; save, reset, undo, redo.
Changes are stored in the local collection and when user press Save button, changes will be written in the file.

Next week I will continue with:
- display source values and values views.
- editing,  introduce validation data rules (data type - to restrict wrong input values and guide user ).
- undo redo mechanism



No comments:

Post a Comment